TJ's House Of Country Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with Adf.ly

+2
CliffPenn
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Dealing with Adf.ly Empty Dealing with Adf.ly

Post by Admin Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:25 am

vampire42, and anyone else that is curious

I also really hate Adf.ly, I only just started using them a couple months ago. My wife woke me up I guess by asking me, (Why do I spend thousands of dollars a month for my Hobby that no one really cares about?) I argue the point and say I make people happy by offering them my love of the country music. I do not do it for the money, because there is none really. I offer the people the chance to donate to me for the all the hard work and time I put into my forum (Before Blogs) to help cover expenses, but the typical way of human thought is (Why should I donate anything?, the next person will give something!) Here is the honest truth, Since I made donations available for the last 6 years or so on my different sites, I have received a total of around 302 Dollars, Adf.ly for 2 months? = 11 dollars, Total expenses for my Hobby, (Monthly = over 7 thousand Dollars with storage fees, recording studio, buying music, etc. etc.) Does anyone think about these things? (NO) Do I let it stop me from doing what I enjoy? (NO) It is just human nature. So just enjoy what you got, and be happy with a little annoyance of my Adf.ly . Thanks, Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://tjscountry.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Adf.ly Empty Re: Dealing with Adf.ly

Post by CliffPenn Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Well said Tom. Most people never think of the costs associated with a website and hosting sites. Let alone the enormous amount of time it takes you to rip the music with the proper equipment, compile it, compress it and then upload it to not one, but multiple sites. This stuff does not fall out of the sky. Today, everyone takes but never gives. And then some people complain about a lousy 5 second wait. Come on people. You're getting great music for free! Never complain. Just be grateful.

CliffPenn

Back to top Go down

Post by vampire42 Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Hello Tom,

It's not that I hate your blog, but adf.ly. You would any other means of funding and I would accept it. I always hate adf.ly. Whether on your blog or other site. I have a passion and it's music. I have a catalog in PDF with links "Rapidgator" and "You Tube" I share with my friends and I put more than 2 hours a day. Without asking for anything in return. And I also share my sources with them to find the music they research. I have a suggestion for you: If the people you donate to your blog, no adf.ly for them. I am ready to give you a $ 10 donation to get rid of adf.ly. Thank you for this blog you offrer me.

thank you

This message was translate as "Google" because my language is French

vampire42

Back to top Go down

Post by CliffPenn Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 am

I am sure no one "likes" adfly. However, for the slight inconvenience of only 5 seconds, I don't see a problem. I will gladly accept a 5 second delay to enjoy a complete discography of an artist such as Tom puts together. Several other music sharing sites also use adfly and I have no problem with the owners getting a "little" revenue at the expense of each user waiting 5 seconds. All told maybe a couple of hours waiting in a whole year. Not much to ask when you are getting "free" music. Hell, you'd spend more time than that going out and buying the CDs. I rest my case.

CliffPenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:18 am

Good Morning all,

Well put CliffPenn, for those of you who do not want to wait on Adfly, there is one simple solution. Get and install "JDownloader".  If I said it once I said it a thousand times. This small little program is very user friendly and checks all the links for you so you do not have to wait 5 seconds per click just to find out the end link is dead. JDownloader checks all links and lets you know what link is still available for download.  So go get it -- https://tjscountry.forumotion.com/t119-link-checking  
Have a nice day and God Speed to you all.

Oooops!! - I forgot to mention --JDownloader is also FREE!!!

Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marnord Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:21 am

I will weigh in on this one. As a blind user, I had trouble with it at first. But when I figured out how it worked, it was fine. I so much appreciate the numerous hours of effort you put into this vast music library, Tom. I noticed that JDownloader program, but wasn't certain if it would be accessible with a speech screenreader. Keep up the fantastic work! Warmest regards, Mar

marnord

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoozhe Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Whenever I try any link I end up on a Google search page listing everything AdFly but no link to the download.

Whoozhe

Back to top Go down

Post by marnord Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 am

Hello Everyone:  Now I am very disappointed!  I have a subscription to FileFactory, which is where I download all of my House of Country Music material from.  I indicated before that I was able to work around the adfly issue.  Sorry, since I can't see how it is written, all I have is how my screenreader pronounces it.  I was downloading Jimmy Dean tonight.  After a break, I came back to it.  I got this Capcha box.  Although they do have an audio challenge, I can not understand the characters at all.  Since the visual characters are graphic images, my screanreader will not read them.  If anyone has a way to get around this obstacle, I would most appreciate it.  Thanks so much, Mar

PM has been set, Tom

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added note!)

marnord

Back to top Go down

Post by madjack22 Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:10 pm

No problem with Ad-fly. I'm sure it must be very profitable or you wouldn't have it on your site. Keep up the good work.

Jack

madjack22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:23 pm

HaHaHaHaHeHeHe, That's the best joke I heard all day madjack22. I have not been using Adf.ly for very long and it is definitely not a money maker. Not for me aanyway! There are as of 8:20pm today a total of 31,775 views (Clicks) from my Forum which earned a total of $64.24536 (Sixty-Four Dollars and a few cents.) They pay only 1/10,000th of a cent per click. Besides I am not in it for the money. I do it because of the lack of Appreciation recieved from downloaders. This is a hobby of mine that I started a few years back. I do at my leisure and for the benefits of my members. I can stop at any time which my wife is begging me to do because of my deteriorating health condtions but I love doing it for you all and besides if I stop doing what I love, I will die of boredom before my time. Thanks for your understanding.  Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjack22 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks for telling me. I haven't seen it before. I assumed it was profitable. Looks like everyone would send you $20.00 or so every now and then. I know that wouldn't cover your expenses ,but it would show a little appreciation for what you do. I know they can do it if I can. It's the best site on the net. Many thanks.

madjack22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum