TJ's House Of Country Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Hugh X. Lewis

Go down

R.I.P. Hugh X. Lewis Empty R.I.P. Hugh X. Lewis

Post by Elaine4 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

R.I.P. Hugh X. Lewis
R.I.P. Hugh X. Lewis Hugh_x10
December 25, 1930 - December 30, 2020

According to his Facebook page Hugh X. Lewis passed away on December 30, 2020 due to complications of COVID-19.

Hubert Brad Lewis recently celebrated his 88th birthday on December 7th. He found initial success as a songwriter in 1963 when Stonewall Jackson recorded his song
"B.J. The D.J." The Columbia single became a #1 country hit. Lewis was signed to Kapp Records from 1964-1969 releasing 14 singles and five albums.  His first Kapp single was his most successful - "What I Need Most" peaked at #21 in Billboard during early 1965. In 1970 he recorded briefly for Columbia, then GRT followed by several other labels including Fantasy.

From 1969-1971 he hosted the syndicated TV series The Hugh X. Lewis Country Club. The program was taped in Nashville and featured live performances by popular country stars from that era. The success of that show led to Lewis opening his own night club named The Hugh X Lewis Country Club in Nashville's Printers Alley in 1972.

Hugh also appeared in several low-budget country music films primarily released for drive-ins including Forty Acre Feud [1965], Gold Guitar [1966], and Cottonpickin' Chickenpickers [1967]

Lewis retired from the music business by 1984 but resumed performing as a primarily Christian country artist in 1998.

Code:
https://tjscountry.forumotion.com/t1529-hugh-x-lewis-discography
Elaine4
Elaine4

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum